London »  Visa & Housing - to be deleted
Increase font size  Decrease font size

Living in London

Visa information

Visa information

Le Cordon Bleu London has been licensed by the UK Border Agency to enrol international students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System. For more information, please visit the UK Border Agency website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk.
Applicants are advised to obtain information on visa requirements weeks before departure by consulting their local British Embassy or Consulate.

Students should apply for their visa through the British Embassy in their home country. The Embassy will require proof that a student is enrolled on our course. We can provide this official document once course fees have been paid in full. Please note that it can be a lengthy process: we advise our students needing a visa to enrol early to their course, to be able to have enough time for the visa application.

Optionally: Students requiring a visa need to prove that they are competent in English language. We suggest a level of B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) by providing an English Language Test Report from an UKBA approved provider (IELTS preferred). The updated list of the UKBA approved test providers and all the details concerning the English language Ability for students under Tier 4 with a Tier 4 sponsor can be found on the UKBA web site: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk. Definitions of the CEFR level B2 can be found on our FAQ page.

Other useful websites to consult for visa information:


If you have any further questions, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page


The culinary courses are non-residential. Students will be responsible for their own accommodation.
If assistance is required, we have a list of good estate agents, hotels and student accommodation around London.

Download our Recommended Accommodation Guide

Most students find their accommodation within a few days after arriving in London, staying in local 'bed-and-breakfast' in the meantime. If you are arriving from overseas, it is worthwhile to book a hostel or hotel for a few days until you have found your feet, to act as a base whilst looking for something more permanent.

Basic living cost in London starts from £800 per month. Prices vary considerably depending on location, size of flat or whether shared or single occupancy. The school is located in Central London, at Holborn tube station, next to the British Museum and is very easy to commute to.

Information on public transport in London: Transport for London

Tourism and hotels (All the tourist information you need to plan your visit to London):
London Tourist Board
London Tourism

Please contact our Customer Service team for more information about housing in London.